You need a summer bucket list, I promise! We do this each season with our family, usually sitting around our dinner table one evening. We have learned from years past, that if we don’t write down fun ideas to do together – that time just goes by and we don’t do much of anything. But summer is what you make of it – you can fill it full of family memories, vacations, daily little fun things – whatever fits your family situation this summer.
I made this free blank printable so you can create your own family bucket list this summer. Grab it here. Use this or any blank sheet of paper – and get your list going early so that you have time to schedule, plan and make a lot of them happen.
Need bucket list ideas?
Besides googling summer fun ideas local to you – I’ve got a great list of ones from our lists in years past. Take what you want and add them to your bucket list.
- Bike ride
- Hike / nature walk
- Bonfire and s’mores
- Visit a Park – new ones and favorites
- Go to Splash pads – new and favorite ones
- Go swimming
- Backyard camping
- Outside movie
- Backyard games
- Go fishing
- Slip & Slide or Sprinkler Fun
- Learn a new craft – how to sew, paint, hand letter, etc.
- Play date with friends
- Board games or puzzles
- Make a music video as a family
- Mail a letter
- Make and take gifts to your neighbors
- Call or visit relatives
- Teach your kids some basic life skills – managing money, changing a tire, etc.
PLACES TO VISIT
- Your local Library – don’t forget to check for summer reading programs
- A farmer’s market
- Check your local cities for summer events
- Go to a mid-day movie
- Baseball game
- Dollar Store trip
- Pet Store
- Walk the Mall
- Bake something new together
- Have lunch from a gas station
- Make homemade ice cream / pizza / popsicles
- Shaved Ice
- Picnic or smoothies at the park
- Grab some ice cream
- Find a new place for lunch
- BBQ with friends
Okay, that should get your started! But I bet your kids have a lot of good ideas too!
Want to hear more about planning a great summer with a few schedule ideas? Check out what we do here.