We call this the perfect Sunday meal – meat, potatoes and veggies simmering all day in a crockpot. It’s easy, delicious and brings all the kids home. Unless you have littles like me, mine are always home, and can always find me – no matter what!
But really, it’s the best. Adjust the ingredients for what your family likes or has on hand. Make a simple gravy to add on your potatoes or your meat at the end. Or if you have little kids like mine – just add ketchup, ha!
What’s the best type of roast to use? I prefer chuck roast, as it is the most tender and will easily fall apart once it’s done cooking.
What vegetables do you add? We usually chop up potatoes, carrots and onions. But you could always use whatever your family prefers – broccoli, peppers, etc.
Looking for another easy crockpot recipe? Here are a few.
Need a new crockpot? This is my fave.
Pot Roast & Veggies
- vegetable chopper
- 2-3 lbs. chuck or rump roast
- 3-4 whole carrots or up to a bag of small carrots
- 2 lbs. Potatoes
- 1-2 Onions
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup water and 1 tsp. beef bullion
- 1 can of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Spray crockpot and add in the roast (we add from frozen, but you can thaw first or even brown first in a pan for more flavor)
- Chop potatoes, carrots (if using whole carrots), and onion
- Add the potatoes, carrots and onion on top of the roast
- Add the beef broth, can of mushroom soup, and sprinkle the onion soup mix all over the veggies and down to the meat
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Shred meat. Top meat and veggies with juices from the crockpot or make gravy for on top