If you need more tacos in your life, I mean who doesn’t? This pork salsa taco recipe is a family favorite. It checks all of the boxes of a quick and easy meal made in the crock pot. We love it.
Make extra meat and use for leftovers – in a quesadilla for lunch, on a salad, over rice – the options are endless. And you can easily use chicken instead of pork.
I buy pork tenderloin at Costco, when it goes on sale if possible. We divide the pork 4-5 portions, drop into a freezer bag, and freeze. When it’s time for tacos – I take the pork from the freezer that’s already portioned in a meal size for my family. All I have to do is add it to the crockpot with a jar of salsa in the morning and basically dinner will cook on its own.
Pork Salsa Tacos
- Crock Pot
- 1 jar salsa 12 – 16 oz
- 1-2 lbs pork loin
- Shredded Cheese
- Crockpot Optional Adds: Corn, Peas, Black Beans or Spinach
- Taco Toppings: Sour cream, lettuce, tomato, etc.
- Spray crockpot and then add frozen or fresh pork loin, and cover with the jar of salsa
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 4 hours
- About half an hour before done, shred the pork in the crockpot. If adding any optional items – add at this time (corn, peas, black beans or spinach, etc.)
- Once cooked, drain the meat if needed, put into a tortilla, and add shredded cheese and any additional taco toppings