Looking for a fresh, no fuss salsa? We love this blender salsa recipe. It’s quick, uses normal grocery store items – most you may keep in your house or are a quick grocery store pickup.
I love a lot about this salsa. It’s not spicy, so my kids enjoy it. It can be made all year round with canned tomatoes. It’s got that restaurant salsa quality; it’s quick to make; and it tastes good – that’s the important part right?
Toss all of the ingredients in a blender, pulse and you’re done! It does require a bit of taste testing and adding a little bit more of whatever might be missing – but hey, grab those chips and it’s like a snack while you make it. 🙂 I will say, from experience – I’ve tried using fresh tomatoes, because fresh are so good. Well, just know, that blending fresh tomatoes will bring a lot of foam to your salsa. It will calm down after chilling in the fridge, but to me, the canned tomatoes in this recipe are the key. For a non blended salsa though, definitely go with fresh.
Need a good taco recipe to eat with your new favorite salsa? Try these pork tacos. Looking for a good tortilla chip? These from Walmart have really been a good hit for us – cheap, salty, and the perfect size. And in case you need a Ninja blender, this is the one we have – it’s been great!
Favorite Blender Salsa
- 1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1- 10 oz can original Rotel
- ½ small red onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- small to medium size handful of cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste. Add more salt and/or balsamic vinegar if needed. Serve with chips/tacos.